On 30 March 2020 the Government has announced a JobKeeper Payment Stimulus Package to help businesses affected by COVID-19 to receive a subsidy from the Government. This subsidy also available to the affected businesses without employees.
The business will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1,500.00 before tax from 30 March 2020 to 30 September 2020.
To be eligible for the JobKeeper Payment for business without employees, the business must satisfy the following criteria:
- Business with a turnover less than $1 billion and the business turn over will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month); or
- Business with a turnover of $1 billion or more and the business turn over will be reduced by more than 50 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month); and
- The business is not subject to Major Bank Levy.
As an approved JobKeeper Payment receiver, the business has the following obligations:
- Register an intention to apply on the ATO website and assess that they have or will experience the required turnover decline.
- Continue to provide information to the ATO on a monthly basis.
You are welcome to contact our office on 07 3290 5290 or email us at email@example.com to find out further about your eligibility for JobKeeper Payments Stimulus Package and we are ready to assist you.